Jun 5, 2019
Welcome to episode 16 of The UnSunday Show! I'm taking a short
break in this episode from my interaction with Jon Zen's book
because I'm recovering from pneumonia and I don't have much of a
voice right now. So instead, I'm bringing over one last episode
from my old Ekklesia Podcast and I'm calling it Bringing
Moses To Church, because I think that's what we do and in so
doing, we cause a lot of confusion about how God views us, where we
stand with God in any given moment, and how we view God.
In this episode I touch on some foundational topics like:
- Christ's ekklesia (or church) never existed historically until
- Why does God look so different in the Old Testament?
- The Old Covenant pointed to the New Covenant.
- The Old and New Covenants cannot be mixed. They are
incompatible with one another. The New Covenant has made the Old
Covenant obsolete. Stop bringing Moses to church!
- The Old Covenant was temporary and historically
- The Old Covenant produced a physical people where only some
within it knew the Lord. The New Covenant produces a spiritual
people where everyone in it knows the Lord. To be in Christ is to
be in the New Covenant.